schloesserlandCARD - Free admission to Saxony´s most beautiful palaces, castles and gardens
Relaxed walks, exciting excursions, living history - again and again: With the schlösserlandCARD you can visit Saxony's most beautiful palaces, castles and gardens as often as you like. And the best thing is: you also save money. All exhibitions - even the exciting Festung Xperience and Zwinger Xperience - are free with the schlösserlandCARD. Two children up to the age of 16 can accompany the card holder free of charge. Twice as nice - get a 25% discount on your second card!
- The name of the card holder and validity will be registered on your first visit.
- After the registration the schloesserlandCARD is no longer transferabe and may only be used with a form of photo ID.
- The card cannot be returned.
- Lost or damaged cards cannot be replaced.
Get your schloesserlandCARD
Buy the schloesserlandCARD on site
You can conveniently purchase the schloesserlandCARD directly at the front desk of our palaces, castles and gardens.
Buy a card in our app
Did you know? You can also buy the schloesserlandCARD via app. Download the app for Android or iOS now, purchase your ticket in just three clicks and conquer the Schloesserland.
All information about the schloesserlandCARD
What advantages does the schloesserlandCARD offer?
- With the schloesserlandCARD you can visit Saxony´s most beautiful palaces, castles and gardens as often as you like and free of charge.
- Card holders get free admission to permanent and special exhibitions, as well as to the new Festung Xperience and Zwinger Xperience.
- 2 children up to the age of 16 can accompany you free of charge
- Events and guided tours are excluded.
Admission without long queues: With the schlösserlandCARD you get your ticket for the Dresden Xperience exhibitions as well as the winter exhibition "Three Wishes for Cinderella" without long queuing. Is there a queue after all? Then please inform the visitor service on site about your schlösserlandKARTE, show it at the ticket office or scan the QR code if you use the schlösserlandCARD app. You will then receive a free ticket and direct admission to the exhibition.
Important note: Inform yourself in advance about the closing times in the participating objects. Please take into account that in individual cases admission to the exhibitions is not possible due to major events. In this case the schlösserlandCARD is not valid and you have to pay the full price for the event. In case of doubt, contact the object in advance.
How much is the schloesserlandCARD how long is it valid?
schloesserlandCARD for 10 days
- valid for 10 consecutive days from your first visit
- EUR 30.00
- Family benefit*: You’ll get a total discount of EUR 7.50 when you buy two schloesserlandCARDS for 10 days.
* The family benefit does not take effect in the app.
schloesserlandCARD for 1 year
- valid for a whole year from your first visit
- EUR 60.00
- Family benefit*: You’ll get a total discount of EUR 15.00 when you buy two schloesserlandCARDS for 1 year.
* The family benefit does not take effect in the app.
How does the family benefit work?
If you buy two schlösserlandCARDs at once, you will receive our family benefit. The second schlösserlandCARD is 25% cheaper.
This only applies if the schlösserlandCARDs are purchased together. The discount cannot be granted afterwards. The discount is available in the online store as well as at the ticket offices of our palaces, castles and gardens.
- If you buy 2 schlösserlandCARDs for 1 year you pay 60.00 € + 45.00 € = 105.00 €.
- If you buy 2 schlösserlandCARDs for 10 days you pay 30.00 € + 22.50 € = 52.50 €.
Unfortunately, the partner advantage is not available with the digital schlösserlandKARTE in the app. Only one card can be purchased per profile in the app.
Where to buy a card?
The schlösserlandCARD is available in analog form or digitally in our app.
You can buy the analog schlösserlandCARD at the cash desk in all our palaces, castles and gardens or order it online in the Etix online store.
- within Germany: delivery time of 3-7 working days
- outside Germany: delivery time of 1-4 weeks
- SEPA bank transfer
- Credit card
You want to have the card immediately?
The digital schlösserlandCARD is available in our app for all iPhones and Android smartphones. Simply go to the App Store or Google Play Store, download the app, buy the card, discover Schlösserland!
Points of sale on site
The schlösserlandCARD is currently available at the following points of sale:
- At all participating palaces, castles and gardens at the cash desk*.
- at "Schinkelwache" on Theaterplatz in Dresden, in front of the Semper Opera House
- Hotel Ramada by Wyndham Dresden, Wilhelm-Franke-Straße 90 (only schlösserlandCARD for 10 days available)
- Camping & Leisure Park Lux Oase at Kleinröhrsdorf near Dresden (only schlösserlandCARD available for 10 days)
- official Tourist-Information Dresden at the Frauenkirche and in the main station of Dresden
- Saxon Globus stores: Leipzig-Seehausen, Hoyerswerda, Markkleeberg-Wachau, Weischlitz and Zwickau
* Not available at Freudenstein Castle, but at Freiberg Tourist Information. Not available at the Dresden State Art Collections.
Where can I get free admission?
The schloesserlandCARD grants you free admission to the palaces, castles, gardens and monasteries in Saxony.
Important: As the locations in Schloesserland Sachsen change every year, please note that some of the printed materials in circulation might not be up to date. You can find a current overview here:
Castles and Palaces
- Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle
- Richard-Wagner-Staetten Graupa
- Augustusburg Castle
- Burgk Castle Freital
- Colditz Castle
- Delitzsch Baroque Castle
- Freudenstein Castle
- Frohburg Castle
- Hartenfels Castle
- Glauchau Castle
- Klippenstein Castle
- Lauenstein Castle
- Lichtenwalde Castle and Park
- Moritzburg Castle
- Nossen Castle
- Pillnitz Palace and Park
- Rammenau Baroque Castle
- Rochlitz Castle
- Rochsburg Castle
- Voigtsberg Castle
- Wackerbarth Castle
- Weesenstein Castle
- Wildeck Castle
- Wildenfels Castle
- Wolkenburg Castle
- Wolkenstein Castle
- Klaffenbach Castle
Castles and Fortresses
- Gnandstein Castle
- Kriebstein Castle
- Mildenstein Castle
- Mylau Castle
- Oybin Castle and Monastery
- Scharfenstein Castle
- Stolpen Castle
- Koenigstein Fortress
Gardens and Parks
Where can I get reduced rates and discounts?
Dresden Royal Palace
- reduced rate on the »Royal Palace Ticket« (excluding the Historic Green Vault)
- free ascent of the Hausmannsturm at Dresden Royal Palace (open from April to October)
- reduced rate on the »Zwinger Ticket« (no individual museums)
- free admission to the Zwinger Xperience – The Exhibition
Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle
- accessible only with guided tour
- Reduced guided tour fee of € 7.00 p.p.
Zabeltitz Baroque Garden
- 50% discount on admission to the Zabeltitz Farming Museum
Is the schloesserlandCARD valid for the HistoPad?
With the HistoPad, you go on an exciting discovery tour through Albrechtsburg Meissen Castle and Moritzburg Castle.The interactive tablet guide with augmented reality and 3D reconstructions is an absolute novelty in Germany.
Holders of the schloesserlandCARD can pay EUR 3.00 to use the HistoPad at Albrechtsburg Meissen Castle and EUR 4.00 at Moritzburg Castle.
The new HistoPad has been taking visitors on an exciting adventure around Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle since August 1, 2020. The interactive tablet guide with augmented reality and 3D reconstructions is an absolute novelty in Germany.
Holders of the schloesserlandCARD can pay EUR 3.00 to use the HistoPad.
Can I also attend events with the schloesserlandCARD?
The very low price of the schloesserlandCARD does not include admission to certain events. Admission to museums is not possible during major events held at a few castles throughout the season (e.g. the Saxon Citrus Days in the Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden in May, the Flower and Garden Show at the Altzella Monastery Park in June, and the International Upper Lusatian Linen Days at Rammenau Baroque Castle in August). In such cases, the schloesserlandCARD is not valid and you will have to pay the full price for the event. Please use our online calendar to find out about any current events before your visit. If in doubt, please contact the venue in advance.
Are the palaces, castles, gardens, parks and monasteries open all year round?
The peak season in Schloesserland Sachsen is from Easter to 31 October. Opening hours are limited from November to March. Please check our website before your visit.
Are there any discounts for people with disabilities?
Discounts for disabled persons
- If the holder of a schloesserlandCARD has a disabled person’s pass with the »B« classification, their carer will get free admission.
Are there any discounts on the Dresden Park Railway?
No, unfortunately not. The schloesserlandCARD is not valid at Dresden Park Railway.