Did you know? You can also buy the schloesserlandCARD conveniently in our app, which means you’ll always have your very own digital ticket with you. Simply download the app for Android or iOS, buy a card and explore Schloesserland.
All information about the schloesserlandCARD
What are the benefits of the schloesserlandCARD?
- Enjoy free visits to the nicest palaces, castles and gardens in Saxony whenever you like. Get free admission to permanent exhibitions and special exhibitions*
- and the new Festung Xperience, Zwinger Xperience – Wedding of the Century and Zwinger Xperience – The Exhibition (from autumn 2020).
- Two children up to the age of 16 can accompany you free of charge.
- Events and guided tours are excluded.
- Skip the queue: The schloesserlandCARD lets you get your ticket to the Dresden Xperience and the “Three Wishes for Cinderella” winter exhibition without waiting around in the queue! If there’s a queue, just let the visitor service team know you have a schloesserlandCARD, then show your card at the ticket office – or scan your QR code if you have the smartphone app. You’ll get a free ticket and direct access to the exhibitions.
- Important: Please confirm the closing times of participating locations before your visit. Please remember that admission to exhibitions is sometimes not possible during major events. In such cases, the schloesserlandCARD is not valid and you will have to pay the full price for the event. If in doubt, please contact the venue in advance.
* A reduced rate might not be granted for special exhibitions hosted by third-party providers.
What does the schloesserlandCARD cost and how long is it valid?
schloesserlandCARD for 10 days*
- valid for 10 consecutive days from your first visit
- EUR 24.00
- Family benefit: You’ll get a total discount of EUR 6.00 when you buy two schloesserlandCARDS for 10 days.
schloesserlandCARD for 1 year*
- valid for a whole year from your first visit
- EUR 48.00
- Family benefit: You’ll get a total discount of EUR 12.00 when you buy two schloesserlandCARDS for 1 year.
Where can I buy a card?
You can order the schloesserlandCARD online here.
- within Germany: delivery within 3-7 working days
- outside Germany: delivery within 1-4 weeks
- credit cards accepted
- SEPA bank transfer
Would you like to receive your card straight away?
Points of sale
You can buy the schloesserlandCARD at all participating locations* and the following points of sale:
- Café Schinkelwache on Theaterplatz in Dresden, in front of the Semper Opera House
- in the official Tourist Information Office at the Dresden Frauenkirche
- LuxOase Camping and Leisure Park in Kleinroehrsdorf, Dresden
- Globus hypermarkets in Saxony: Leipzig-Seehausen, Hoyerswerda, Markkleeberg-Wachau, Weischlitz and Zwickau
* Not available at Freudenstein Castle, but at the Tourist Information Office in Freiberg. Not available at the Dresden Zwinger or Dresden Royal Palace, but at Café Schinkelwache on Theaterplatz in Dresden, in front of the Semper Opera House.
Where can I get free admission?
The schloesserlandCARD grants you free admission to the following palaces, castles, gardens and monasteries in Saxony:
- admission to the new Festung Xperience, Zwinger Xperience – Wedding of the Century and Zwinger Xperience – The Exhibition (from autumn 2020)
Castles and Palaces
- Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle
- Richard-Wagner-Staetten Graupa
- Augustusburg Castle
- Colditz Castle
- Delitzsch Baroque Castle
- Freudenstein Castle
- Frohburg Castle
- Hartenfels Castle
- Glauchau Castle
- Klippenstein Castle
- Lauenstein Castle
- Lichtenwalde Castle and Park
- Moritzburg Castle
- Nossen Castle
- Pillnitz Palace and Park
- Rammenau Baroque Castle
- Rochlitz Castle
- Rochsburg Castle
- Voigtsberg Castle
- Wackerbarth Castle
- Weesenstein Castle
- Wildeck Castle
- Wildenfels Castle
- Wolkenburg Castle
- Klaffenbach Castle
Castles and Fortresses
- Gnandstein Castle
- Kriebstein Castle
- Mildenstein Castle
- Mylau Castle
- Scharfenstein Castle
- Schoenfels Castle
- Stolpen Castle
- Festung Xperience at Dresden Fortress
- Koenigstein Fortress
Gardens and Parks
Where can I get reduced rates and discounts?
Dresden Royal Palace
- reduced rate on the »Royal Palace Ticket« (excluding the Historic Green Vault)
- free ascent of the Hausmannsturm at Dresden Royal Palace (open from April to October)
- reduced rate on the »Zwinger Ticket« (no individual museums)
- free admission to the Zwinger Xperience – Wedding of the Century and the Zwinger Xperience – The Exhibition (from autumn 2020)
Glauchau Castle (Hinterglauchau Castle)
- free look at the museum areas (e.g. hole of fear, royal kitchen), royal sculpture garden
Moritzburg Little Pheasant Castle
- Discounts on guided tours
Zabeltitz Baroque Garden
- 50% discount on admission to the Zabeltitz Farming Museum
Can I also attend events with the schloesserlandCARD?
The very low price of the schloesserlandCARD does not include admission to certain events. Admission to museums is not possible during major events held at a few castles throughout the season (e.g. the Saxon Citrus Days in the Grosssedlitz Baroque Garden in May, the Flower and Garden Show at the Altzella Monastery Park in June, and the International Upper Lusatian Linen Days at Rammenau Baroque Castle in August). In such cases, the schloesserlandCARD is not valid and you will have to pay the full price for the event. Please use our online calendar to find out about any current events before your visit. If in doubt, please contact the venue in advance.
Are the palaces, castles, gardens, parks and monasteries open all year round?
The peak season in Schloesserland Sachsen is from Easter to 31 October. Opening hours are limited from November to March. Please check our website before your visit.
Are there any discounts for people with disabilities?
Discounts for disabled persons
- If the holder of a schloesserlandCARD has a disabled person’s pass with the »B« classification, their carer will get free admission.
Due to the closure of our palaces, castles and gardens during Corona period, the validity of active schloesserlandCARDS for 1 year will be extended by 3 months. Cardholders of schloesserlandCARDs for 10 days will get a new card, in case their schloesserlandCARD expired during that time. To extend the validity of your card, you can visit any palace, castle or garden belonging to Schloesserland Sachsen until October 31th, 2020. Our cashiers on-site will help you. Please check out our website regarding opening hours before your visit.
We look forward to welcome you again!
Information before buying
- The name of the card holder and validity will be entered by the customer service team during your first visit.
- Once this information has been entered, the schloesserlandCARD may no longer be transferred to third parties and may only be used with a form of photo ID.
- The card cannot be returned.
- Lost or damaged cards cannot be replaced.