Scope/ indemnification of Facebook:
- These Terms of Participation apply to competitions held by Staatliche Schlösser, Burgen und Gärten Sachsen gGmbH (SBG) that we conduct via our website, www.schloesserland- sachsen.de, and the websites of castle operations that are part of SBG, and/or via Facebook, www.facebook.com/Schloesserland.Sachsen, as well as the Facebook pages for castle operations that are part of SBG.
- Competitions held on the Facebook wall or Facebook tabpages are not connected to Facebook, Inc. or Facebook Ireland Ltd. Such competitions are in no way sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook, and shall not establish any legal claims against Facebook. All information relating to the competitions is provided exclusively by Staatliche Schlösser, Burgen und Gärten Sachsen gemeinnützige GmbH as the organizer.
Terms of participation:
- Participation in SBG competitions is free of charge.
- Participants must be adults and/or legal guardians who permanently reside in Germany and are at least 18 years of age.
- Employees of Staatliche Schlösser, Burgen und Gärten Sachsen gemeinnützige GmbH as well as their family members are not permitted to participate.
- Photo/video competition submissions that depict children must have explicit permission from the guardians of the children depicted in order to be eligible for the competition.
- Participation shall take place within the specified competition period in each case.
- Participants must complete an online form/upload a representative photo (max. 5 MB) or video (max. 100 MB) according to the requirements in the competition description, and must acknowledge the Terms of Participation.
- By participating in the competition, the participant explicitly acknowledges these general Terms of Participation.
- Submissions shall be reviewed by us and edited in some cases, and a selection shall be posted online.
- There is no obligation to publish any submission.
- Submissions shall be published and/or linked on the website www.schloesserland- sachsen.de and/or the websites of castle operations belonging to SBG and/or on Facebook, www.facebook.com/Schloesserland.Sachsen, and/or on the Facebook pages of castle operations belonging to SBG and/or on the YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Schloesserland along with the participant’s first and last name (or Facebook profile name, if the competition is taking place on Facebook) as well as the location.
- The winner shall be chosen by way of a Facebook poll, a vote held on the website, or a jury of experts. In the case of a vote, participants with the most votes shall receive the prizes provided by SBG.
- In the event of suspected fraud and/or manipulation of the voting results, SBG reserves the right to exclude the participant in question from the competition or to eliminate votes cast in quick succession from the total number of votes.
- The winner shall be notified by SBG via email/direct message/mail.
- Participation in the competition is exclusively possible under the conditions described herein.
- Winnings cannot be paid out in cash.
- SBG reserves the right to change, modify or terminate the competition at any time without prior notice and without explanation.
- The competition is exclusively subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- If individual provisions of these Terms of Participation should be or become invalid, this shall not affect the legal validity of the other participation terms. These shall be replaced by appropriate provisions that as closely as possible correspond to the purpose of the invalid provisions.
Usage and exploitation rights:
- 1. The participants hereby warrant that they hold all rights to the submitted materials (usage rights and ancillary copyrights as well as other rights) that are required in order to use the submissions for the purpose of the competition. In particular – but not exclusively – the participants in photo/video competitions hereby promise to obtain rights from all persons depicted in the photos/videos. Photos/videos must be produced by the participants themselves, and/or permission must have been granted by the photographer for their use and submission.
- 2. Participants shall be responsible for ensuring that submissions do not result in any complaints and do not violate applicable laws. Above all, the submission of items/photos/videos that are commercial; that contain illegal, pornographic, discriminatory, racist, threatening or insulting content; or that refer to such content is prohibited.
- 4. The participant hereby grants SBG a simple usage and exploitation right, free of charge, irrevocable and without restriction on geography, content or time period, for the submitted items.
- Consent for the granted usage and exploitation rights cannot be revoked.
Liability of participants:
- Participants shall be liable for the accuracy and completeness of their provided information.
- The participants hereby warrant that the provided data is truthful and refers to them and not any other person.
- The participants hereby indemnify SBG from all liability and/or claims potentially resulting from their participation in this offering.
- In the course of the competition, personal data shall be collected regarding the participants and any accompanying persons.
- We require this data for the purpose of implementing the competition. In particular, the participant’s last name, first name, email address and mailing address (for sending out prizes) shall be processed for this purpose.
- When the competition ends, all personal data processed by SBG shall be deleted.
- The competition is considered to have ended when all measures named in the description of the competition are complete.