PARK RAILWAY: Advent Rides
- 30.11.2019 to 01.12.2019
10:00 - 16:00
- The Grand Garden of Dresden and the Dresden Park Railway Show on map
- Suitable for children:
- Yes, without age restriction
Advent rides on Dresden’s Park Railway through the Grand Garden
Santa Clause and the park mascott Parkolino take you on a holiday ride through the Grand Garden. During the first two advent weekends, the train takes you on tour through the park. The Christmas train is driven by the steam engine “Moritz”, which is more than 90 years old, as well as a battery powered electric engine. At the train station, a 0-gauge tin model train will be on display. The park train association will provide childrens’ punch and mulled wine as well as fresh waffles and grilled sausages. You will also have a chance to buy a Christmas present or two. Boarding is at the main station next to the Gläserne Manufaktur.
Tickets only available at the register:
- EUR 7.00 for adults
- EUR 3.50 for children aged 2–15
- No further discounts apply.
- Boarding or disembarking along the route is prohibited!
Arrival & map
- via A4/17, all exits to Dresden city center (Dresden Zentrum)
- follow the signposts to Dresden Zoo or the »Transparent Factory« (Glaeserne Manufaktur)
- parking facilities along the surrounding roads or at outdoor swimming pool »Georg-Arnhold-Bad«
- no cars allowed in the Grand Garden of Dresden
- take tram line 9,10 or 11 from Dresden Main Station
By bus and tram
- tram lines 1, 2, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- bus lines 61, 63, 75, 85
- stops Strassburger Platz, Comeniusplatz, Grosser Garten (Hygienemuseum), Lennéplatz, Querallee, Tiergartenstrasse
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility