Historic-Romantic Christmas Market: “Koenigstein – A Winter Tale”
11:00 - 19:00
fortress opening time: 9 a.m.- 7p.m., christmas market from 11 a.m.
- Koenigstein Fortress Show on map
- This event is included in the regular admission to the fortress.
- Suitable for children:
- Yes, without age restriction
Traditional market with musicians and craftsmen and presentations of old arts and trades
Secret tip: Subterranean Christmas in the casemates illuminated with Moravian stars featuring purveyors of local natural products and a fairy tale cave
Exciting activities for children: Nativity scene with live animals, Christmas elf workshop, fairy tales and puppet theater, rides on the elf train, jugglers, Santa’s house with mailbox for wishes, etc.
Current information: www.festung-koenigstein.de/weihnachtsmarkt
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (39 km)
- via A17 (Dresden - Pirna), exit Pirna, further along B172 towards Bad Schandau
By city rail
- S1 (Dresden – Koenigstein – Schoena)
- bus line 241 (Pirna – Koenigstein – Hinterhermsdorf)
By steam ship
- Dresden – Koenigstein – Bad Schandau
By Fortress Express
- starting from Koenigstein and from Koenigstein parking lot
- signposted trails from Koenigstein up to the fortress (30 – 45 minutes)