Camellia Blossoms at Pillnitz Palace Park
- 12.02.2021 to 14.04.2021
10:00 - 17:00
Expected from mid-February to mid-April | 10:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
- Pillnitz Palace and Park Show on map
- Suitable for children:
- yes, without indicating age
When the first buds of our camellia start to open and reveal their inner beauty, this is determined by nature and not by human hands. Voraussichtlich Mitte Februar wird es soweit sein.
The plants will probably blossom again in mid-February, treating visitors to a magnificent flower show at the Camellia House until mid to late April.
The camellia is over 250 years old and regarded as the largest and oldest of its kind north of the Alps.
And if you want to see even more beautiful blossoms, you can go next door to the Palm House and admire Strelitzia, Proteas and “Kangaroo Paws”.
The house remains closed in severe storms or cold weather.
Full rate: EUR 3.00; reduced rate: EUR 2.50 (free admission for children aged 0-16). Tickets can be purchased at the Old Guard House visitor center, at the Camellia House and from the machine in the Palm House.
Tickets are valid for both the Camellia House and Palm House.
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
By public transport
- bus line 63, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- left of the Elbe River: bus line 88 or tram line 2, both as far as terminus and then by ferry across the Elbe River
- from Pirna: bus line P, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- for further information, please, go to www.dvb.de
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility
- Come here by bus or rail
By steam ship
- The paddle wheel steamer of the Saxon Steamship Company (Saechsischen Dampfschifffahrt) stop directly at Pillnitz Palace - the most royal way to come here!
Sightseeing tour buses
Are you staying at Dresden for the first time? Just go on a sightseeing tour to visit all the highlights and cultural monuments of Dresden at once. www.stadtrundfahrt.com
By bike or on foot
Pillnitz Palace and Park is ideally situated for biking enthusiasts and hiking lovers. Just follow the Elbe River on the historic towing path (Treidelpfad) or the Elbe River cycling path. (Elberadweg www.elberadweg.de)
- via A4, exits Dresden Hellerau or Dresden Altstadt and further along the road to Pillnitz
- via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Radeberg, exit Graupa, following the road to Pillnitz
- Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- Lohmener-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- limited parking facilities for disabled people near Pillnitz