Klaffenbach Castle, the white Renaissance jewel, is poised almost weightlessly above the waters of the Wuerschnitz River.
The picturesque view of the castle in the south of Chemnitz with its playful curved ogee roof hardly makes the castle appear well-fortified. This idyll of architecture and nature is especially popular with lovers who love to take their marriage vows here - well-guarded by Fraeulein von Taube, who once was immured alive in the castle tower for not wanting to get marry.
In the rooms of the castle, which have all been reconstructed according to old craftsmanship, you may marvel at regional and international craft. A hospitable hotel, numerous handicraft studios, a golf course and an equestrian center invite you to stay in the castle grounds.
Benefits with the schloesserlandCARD
| Free admission to the permanent exhibition |
| Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition |
Arrival & map
Next City: Chemnitz
- A4, exit Chemnitz Mitte, further along B95 towards Annaberg
- A72, exit Stollberg, further along B169 up to Neukirchen
By public transport
- The way from the closest bus stop to Klaffenbach Castle is about 400 m long.
- You reach Klaffenbach Castle from Chemnitz Main Station using line C11 (Chemnitz - Stollberg). It's only few minutes to walk from Neukirchen | Klaffenbach Station to the castle.
- There are numerous long-distance buses reaching Chemnitz. From there your get to Klaffenbach Castle by public transport. For more detailed information, please, go to fahrtenfuchs.de
Opening hours and admission prices
Closed opens We. -----
- Free entry
Further information on opening hours and admission prices can be found here