Great Army Camp on Koenigstein
In 1639, during the Thirty Years’ War, Swedish troops, coming from Pirna, moved to Bohemia. But they did not attack Koenigstein Fortress. This year in June, they are standing before the gates of the fortress again – for a successful conquest this time!
Experience troops in uniform in various bivouacs of about one hundred tents. Dive into the soldiers’ everyday lives in that time. Numerous enactments are awaiting you:
- Fencing drills
- Parades with drums and fanfares
- Cooking on open fire
- Old crafts ...
- And of course, the conquest of the fortress with cannons and muskets!
|Date||Sat 2nd Jun 2018 11:00 am - 17:00 pm|
|Prices||Regular ticket rates|
|Suitable for children||Yes, without age restriction|
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (39 km)
- via A17 (Dresden - Pirna), exit Pirna, further along B172 towards Bad Schandau
By city rail
- S1 (Dresden – Koenigstein – Schoena)
- bus line 241 (Pirna – Koenigstein – Hinterhermsdorf)
By steam ship
- Dresden – Koenigstein – Bad Schandau
By Fortress Express
- starting from Koenigstein and from Koenigstein parking lot
- signposted trails from Koenigstein up to the fortress (30 – 45 minutes)