In mid-February, the first buds on our Camellia are starting to burst to show all their beauty. When exactly this happens is decided by Mother Nature, not by Man. Hence, it may well be that the exact date of opening our Camellia House is postponed, but for the time being we are planning this to happen on February 17, 2018.
Until mid-April, visitors may then get their own impression of the blazing splendor of bloom and blossom in the Camellia House. The Camellia is more than 250 years old and is deemed the largest and oldest of its kind north of the Alps.
And those who would like to admire yet more beautiful flowerage may walk next door into the Palm House where the can marvel at strelitzias, proteas and “kangaroo paws”.
The house will remain closed in the event of storm or great cold.
Tickets at € 3.00, reduced rate € 2.50 € (children up to age 16 free), can be purchased from the Visitor Center “Old Guard House”, at the Camellia House or from the ticket dispenser in the Palm House. Tickets apply to both the Camellia and the Palm Houses.
|Date||Sat 17th Feb 2018 to Tue 1st May 2018 10:00 am - 18:00 pm|
|Suitable for children||Yes, without age restriction|
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (15 km)
By public transport
- bus line 63, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- left of the Elbe River: bus line 88 or tram line 2, both as far as terminus and then by ferry across the Elbe River
- from Pirna: bus line P, stop Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse or Pillnitzer Platz
- for further information, please, go to www.dvb.de
- interactive and multimodal planning of your trip at Greenmobility
- Come here by bus or rail
By steam ship
- The paddle wheel steamer of the Saxon Steamship Company (Saechsischen Dampfschifffahrt) stop directly at Pillnitz Palace - the most royal way to come here!
Sightseeing tour buses
Are you staying at Dresden for the first time? Just go on a sightseeing tour to visit all the highlights and cultural monuments of Dresden at once. www.stadtrundfahrt.com
By bike or on foot
Pillnitz Palace and Park is ideally situated for biking enthusiasts and hiking lovers. Just follow the Elbe River on the historic towing path (Treidelpfad) or the Elbe River cycling path. (Elberadweg www.elberadweg.de)
- via A4, exits Dresden Hellerau or Dresden Altstadt and further along the road to Pillnitz
- via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Radeberg, exit Graupa, following the road to Pillnitz
- Leonardo-da-Vinci-Strasse parking lot (pay parking)
- tour bus parking lot at »Alte Wache« (pay parking)
- limited parking facilities for disabled people near Pillnitz